Muffins You Can't Have

Friday, November 26, 2010

Muffins Are Thankful

I know that we here at No Muffins For You tend to take a sarcastic, perhaps even belligerent, point of view, but we'd like to step back and be serious for a moment. All too often, this holiday is turned into something devoted to food.

Now, don't get me wrong - I love the food prepared around Thanksgiving. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and all sorts of pumpkin flavored delicacies. HOWEVER, we here at NMFY would like to remind you folks of the real heart behind this wonderful day.

This isn't about the history behind it, this is about being truly grateful for the blessings you have. We here in America, are among some of the wealthiest people in the world, and odds are, you're not too bad off if you can be reading this.

So, take this time to think about what you have to be thankful for. Whether it's your family, your friends, your faith, your possessions, or just the food on your plate or the clothes on your back, be thankful.

And after you figure out what it is you're thankful for - and you had better have figured out something - let's do something novel and KEEP BEING THANKFUL. I'm not saying to be happy or cheery or nauseatingly chipper all the time. What I am saying is to remember that you are really blessed, in one way or another.

So, to round things out, I'm gonna let you folks have a little peek into my life. I'm thankful for my friends, who have been there for me through thick and thin. I'm thankful for my family, who, even though they can get a tad aggravating from time to time, still love me and always welcome me home with open arms.

So now, it's your turn. Think about all the people and things you have in your life. Then, show gratitude to those people. And continue to show that gratitude ever day. Happy Thanksgiving, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment